I like my brownies to have a bit of fudge, but I don’t want them too…what’s the word, squishy? I want that crackle on the top. That kind of crumbly, corner piece effect. Given that, and their fudge-y interior, these brownies are one of my essentials!
They’re easy to make, and I doubling batches is a breeze for when you need to bring a ton of food somewhere with not a ton of notice (not that such a thing would EVER happen…cough cough). Best of all, you just need one bowl and you don’t even have to have an electric mixer for this one.
Hope you love them as much as I do! 🙂
- 1 Cup Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 for 1 Baking Blend)
- 1/2 Cup Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil (melted or liquid)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 325 F, and line an 8 x 8 square cake tin with parchment paper. You can just grease the pan if you prefer, but this makes for cleaner cuts and less mess!
- Combine all ingredients together until there is no visible powder. Order doesn’t matter, which is lovely! Spread batter into your prepared pan, making sure it’s nice and square and that you have reached the corners.
- Bake for 45 minutes. When they’re done, the top should appear firm and the sides will come away from the pan easily.
- Cool completely and enjoy!